How should you take care of your leather good?
Leather is a classic material. Durable, stylish, and tough, a good piece of leather should last you a lifetime. However, like most things, you need to show your leather some love. The better you maintain your leather the longer it will last and the better it will look. It’s a special kind of material that you can’t just throw in the wash, so it’s important to understand how to maintain it.
- Wipe your bag once a week with warm, soapy water and a soft damp cloth
Never use baby wipes, vinegar or any other home product for cleaning or stain removal, rather use special leather cleaning products.
A general leather cleaner will not be effective on suede or nubuck leather.
Always spot-test a cleaning method before you use it (e.g. inside the bag)
- Keep your bag stuffed while you’re not using it… to help keep its shape better.
- Avoid holding your handbag if you’ve just applied hand cream
- Your tote came with a dust bag… use it
- Don’t leave your handbag in direct sunlight… it can cause the colour to fade and damage the leather
- If leather gets too wet: Dry it slowly. At room temperature and not with a heating hair drye
- To banish ever-lingering smells – put an open container of baking powder carefully inside your bag